Know your self-worth
Realizing your self-worth has nothing to do with checking your bank balance, it is about you, the person you are in life. We give others respect, love and consideration but how often do we give ourselves what is due? How you value yourself is based on the self-esteem you have, your self-esteem shows you how much you truly value yourself. Healthy self-esteem leads to independence, happiness, flexibility, the ability to adapt easily to change, co-operation and a positive outlook on any situation. Unhealthy or low self-esteem on the other hand leads only to irrational thoughts, unhappiness, fear of the new, rigidity, defensiveness and a negative outlook on life in general.
How we see ourselves has a lot to do with how others see us, if we are happy, smiling and full of confidence then others see us as someone they want to be around, if we respect ourselves and portray this then others will respect you too, after all how can you ask for respect from
others if you don’t even respect yourself? So finding and developing your self-worth is all about developing your self-esteem, so let’s take a look at esteem
If you have a high self-esteem you will see certain traits in yourself and how you see yourself, traits linked with a high self-esteem or self-worth are
• You are secure about who you are and have confidence in your abilities
• You allow yourself to show your true feelings to others
• You don’t have intimacy problems in relationships
• You are able to recognize and take pride in yourself for your achievements in life
• You are easily able to forgive yourself for mistakes and also forgive others
Similarly if you have problems with self-worth or low self-esteem then you will follow a certain pattern in your thoughts and ways, if you have problems with low self-esteem then you will see the following points in yourself
• You lack belief in yourself and are very insecure
• You have problems showing and accepting intimacy in relationships
• You never let your true feelings show
• You never recognize and give yourself credit for your accomplishments
• You have the inability to forgive yourself or others
• You resist change at every opportunity
Developing your self-worth
There are plenty of ways in which you can boost your self-esteem and change to a more positive and healthy outlook about yourself, here are some tips for developing and boosting your self-worth.
• Don’t take other peoples criticism to heart, instead listen to what they are saying and learn from it.
• Take some time out for yourself everyday, meditate, look inside yourself and realize all your good points and imagine changing your bad ones into more positive.
• Celebrate and pride yourself on even the smallest achievements that you accomplish.
• Do something everyday that you enjoy, such as talking a walk in the sunshine or soaking in a bubble bath.
• Never deprive yourself of something you enjoy, if you know you shouldn’t be doing it, then do it anyway and stop chastising yourself about it.
• Talk positively to yourself, repeat affirmations to chase away all of the negative thoughts and feelings.
Visit http://www.empowernetwork.com/almostasecret.php?id=btelrod if you are looking for an easy system that anyone can be successful in, even the newest marketer. This is what completely paid for our vacation.
For more information, visit http://BrianElrod.com.
To view the original post visit http://www.empowernetwork.com/btelrod/blog/know-your-self-worth/